Royals

Prince Harry’s UK Visit Becoming ‘Unwelcome Mess’ Amid Ongoing Security Concerns

Michael Gioia

Published

on

ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

Prince Harry‘s planned trip to the U.K. is seemingly becoming more problematic each day.

After it was revealed that the Duke of Sussex’s request for police protection for himself, wife Meghan Markle and their two children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — was denied, the 41-year-old said he is looking into other options.

A spokesperson for the Spare author said in a statement to People on Monday, June 29, “The Duke continues to explore every available option to enable the visit to proceed safely and to give his children the opportunity to enjoy the U.K.”

However, a royal insider told the Daily Mail that same day that his upcoming visit is now becoming an “unwelcome mess” for both Harry and his father, King Charles III.

“Harry really wants his children to see their grandpa. It’s not clear how keen the King is to see them if it involves all these theatrics,” the insider said.

“Unfortunately, what should have been a chance to build bridges has led to more mistrust on both sides,” the insider added. “Harry is furious that the King’s aides leaked plans for the Sussex family to stay at Buckingham Palace for part of the visit. He feels that has endangered his family because, while they are protected by the security cordon when they are inside the palace, they are vulnerable as soon as they leave it.”

Steven Bergman/AFF-USA.COM / MEGA

As previously reported, the 77-year-old king has offered Harry, Meghan, 44, and their children accommodation on a royal estate — but a palace source told People that offer has not yet been accepted.

Still, the duke’s spokesperson pointed out, “The issue has never been accommodation. The issue is whether appropriate and proportionate protective security is being provided throughout the entirety of the visit.”

As Examiner previously reported, Harry went to court to fight to have his taxpayer-funded state security reinstated — and lost.

A source told Daily Mail royal editor Rebecca English that the entire ordeal has become “tiresome,” adding: “For the sake of family harmony, the Palace would have been perfectly happy with a peaceful and low-key visit. Yet, once again, they have turned it into a soap opera.”

“This is a devastating blow for Harry,” a source exclusively told Examiner following the reports of his potential security plans being rejected.

If the visit does not go ahead, it would delay what would have been Archie and Lilibet’s first trip back to the U.K. in about four years. They last visited the U.K. to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2022.

Trending News

Royals2 days ago

Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Return to the U.K. After 6 Years ‘Is an Admission of Failure’

Royals2 days ago

Princess Kate Pushes Prince William to Make Peace With Prince Harry Amid ‘Rival Royal Court’ Fears

Royals5 days ago

Princess Eugenie Pays Tribute to Late Queen Elizabeth With Baby Daughter’s Name

Exclusive5 days ago

Princess Anne’s Plan to Reconcile Princes William and Harry: ‘This Nonsense Has Gone on Far Too Long’

Royals2 days ago

Prince Harry’s U.K. Move Driven by Finances: ‘Money and Inheritance Are Part of the Calculation’

Exclusive1 day ago

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie May Pay Sarah Ferguson to Cancel Tell-All Plans: ‘The Only Option’

Movies1 day ago

‘Fatal Attraction’ Director Spills Spicy Secret About Michael Douglas and Glenn Close’s Love Scene

Royals5 days ago

Prince Harry ‘Wants More of a Foothold’ in U.K. After Mending Relationship With King Charles