Dolly Parton is less than five months away from her highly-anticipated return to the Las Vegas stage, but friends and colleagues are worried that it’s asking too much of the 80-year-old country music legend.
“The Vegas residency tickets going on sale was the signal everybody was waiting for that Dolly is ready to get back to doing what she does best, which is absolutely delighting people with her music and her on-stage persona,” a source exclusively tells Examiner.
However, “a Vegas residency is no joke, and it can be demanding for a performer half Dolly’s age,” notes the source, especially one who was forced to postpone performances last September in order to have “a few procedures” done.
“People are going to buy tickets and they’re going to show up, but there’s a real worry that the whole thing could get canceled if Dolly has more health issues,” says the source.
Curtis Hilbun / AFF-USA.COM / MEGA
Fortunately, the“Jolene” singer reassured fans that she’s “back to normal” during an appearance at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, on Friday, March 13, per WLOS News 13.
“A lot can happen in five months, but all the signals from Dolly’s camp so far have been that she’s planning a triumphant run,” adds the source. “The important thing to remember is that Dolly’s fans and supporters aren’t going to be outraged if she decides she needs more time to prepare for the show.”
Says the source: “Nobody wants to see her put herself under too much pressure, but this kind of high-profile run is a major undertaking even under the best of circumstances.”